Equity through Literacy Exhibit
2022 State Education Convention
January 19-21, 2022
Literacy Task Force of Wisconsin is excited to be an exhibitor at the 2022 WI State Education Convention!
Visit Donna & Nancy at Booth #436 at the 2022 WI State Education Convention January 19-2022 to learn about Equity through Literacy and the Science of Reading (SoR). Discover how the Literacy Task Force of WI (LTFW) can support school board members, administrators, and educators in your school district.
Explore answers to these complicated educational leadership issues with Donna, Nancy, and LTFW volunteers in Booth #436:
Who is the Literacy Task Force of Wisconsin, and how can LTFW support my school district?
How is the Key Work of School Boards connected to literacy, equity, and dyslexia?
What is the Science of Reading?
Do my district’s reading instructional materials support reading achievement of all learners?
Do my district’s reading assessments ensure compliance with IDEA Child Find requirements?
What are the costs of Balanced Literacy and Return on Investment of Structured Literacy?
How can Wisconsin resources such as Wisconsin’s Informational Guidebook on Dyslexia and Related Conditions support school board members, administrators, and educators?
How can ESSER Funding help my district improve reading achievement for all learners?
Check-out the professional learning giveaways and raffles from our generous LTFW donors!
10 Ways to Learn about Improving Reading Achievement at the 2022 State Education Convention
Before the #2022EdCon
4. Join an international group of school literacy leaders in the Science of Reading for Administrators-What Teachers Want You to Know Facebook Group Reading failure can be prevented! This group is here to help support administrators learn about the Science of Reading (SOR); the “why” behind it, and the “how” to effectively support your school or district with it. Focusing on prevention of reading failure through the Science of Reading will ensure more children learn to read and reduce the need for intervention. SOR is about equity and creating hope for the future!
6. Attend Breakout Session Grounded in the Science of Reading: Best Practices for Improving Reading Outcomes
Description | Thursday, January 20, 2022: 1:45 PM - 2:45 PM |Room: 103 C/D/E, WI Center
7. Attend General Session Keynote by Brandon Fleming Lessons from a story of struggle, success and service
Description | Thursday, January 20, 2022: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM | Room: Ballroom CD, WI Center
8. Register for the Spring 2022 WI Reads (LTFW) - Lunch & Lead Virtual Learning Series | Starting on Friday, January 28, 2022
9. Keep the conversation going with other WI education leaders in the NEW WI Reads LinkedIn Groups.
10. Register for 1/22/22 FREE webinar - The Science of Reading: A Defining Movement Saturday, January 22, 2022, 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. (ET). | Registrants typically receive reminder emails, and a follow-up email with a recording of the webinar that can be viewed at a later date.